Thursday, August 28, 2008

First doctors visit :)

We had been soo excited for this appointment that it was like Christmas morning yesterday! I woke up at 6 and couldn't get back to sleep I was so excited! We have an ultrasound picture but I am still figuring out how to get it on here, so you will see it eventually. Even though you can't really tell much. haha!! We also got to hear the heartbeat! He said you can't really hear it tell week 12 or 14 but he said we got lucky because we heard it! And we have it on our little DVD so we can listen to it whenever we want! Also, we thought I was about 9 1/2 weeks but we are actually at 8, as you will see the digression in our little floating baby. It is such a gift to have a week and a half of morning sickness back. ha! Ok I know it would have been the same anyways, but I was counting how many days I thought I had left. haha! But its really not that bad. We are just sooo excited! Alex is so cute and excited! He told me he had to take the ultrasound picture to work so he could make copies, which he did. But I think a lot of that reasoning was so he could show off the picture, which is also did! He has been so sweet to me and he is really going to be the greatest dad ever!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! :)

cskelton said...

So,you're showing it to EVERYBODY ELSE before daddy's parents?

Angie said...

Oh my gosh! I am so jealous that you are having a baby! Yeah for you! Congrats!

Walker Fam said...

I am glad your first docs appointment went so well- and that you could hear the heart! What a blessing- especially after how mine went...Anyway sorry to hear that you are sick...it'll get better and be totally worth it!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!! I didn't even know. I'm so happy for you guys. You are going to be the cutest parents ever!! I've added you to our blog, so we can keep up with each other. Congrats again!!

Wood Fam said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to hear the heartbeat so early. isnt it the sweetest sound ever! I still love hearing it every time i go in for an appointment. just wait until you have your gender ultrasound... its amazing. i watch our dvd of it all time! I'm so happy things are going well with the baby! And yes... morning sickness is a drag! All the books say by the end of your first trimester you should be feeling better so I was sad when i was 2 weeks into my second trimester and was still sick. But only until week 14, which was bearable i suppose. Being pregnant is so much fun! i know you'll enjoy it as much as i have. oh and just wait until you start feeling him or her move in there. It is SO cool! Good luck!

cindave said...

that's true, it is cool when you can feel the baby move. we're still so excited for you guys. can't wait for more updates!

Tiffany said...

congrats! First visits are always my favorite :) So what is your actual due date now?

Ilez said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. We wish you the best!

Alisha said...

SO I can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or a girl. Congrats! You will love being a mom.