Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blessing day and other sundry things.

Sorry for the lack in posting. I really love love being a mom but I just don't think the rest of the world would be that interested in my daily routine of feeding, diaper changing, Binky getting, cleaning, cooking.... you all know how it is. So although everyday is eventful for us, its not really that exciting to blog about. But we did bless Kade last Friday. Alex's brother just older than him is in the air force and being reassigned. He was only here for a couple of days last week and then he will be gone the rest of the summer. We wanted to have him here so we did the blessing at my parents church and then had dinner at their house afterward. It was a little late in the evening and we have been dreaming of summer a little too much I guess and planned to eat outside and it was FREEZING!! Thanks to all who survived the cold to support us! Alex did a wonderful job and gave Kade a beautiful blessing. I am so grateful for the Priesthood and how it blesses our lives and especially for a husband who honors his Priesthood. It was such a great day to be with family and bless our little boy. I still can't believe little Kade is ours. We love him so much and we love having our little family!
Here is a little family picture. I couldn't find our camera that day... I know very convenient! (Thanks Mom in law for the pics.) I also forgot to ask someone to take a picture of Kade in his blessing suit so I will have to put him back in it and get a picture. He looked so cute!! His amazing Grandma made his suit and did such a wonderful job. She measured him for it about 2 1/2 weeks before the blessing. We figured he would grow and boy did he! The suit that should have been to his ankles, went to his knees . So he had nickers. It was so cute. I will get a picture on here later.

Friday was also Alex's Birthday!!! His mom made a yummy cake! Alex didn't want to make a big deal out of his birthday so he suggested saying happy B-day Alex & Kade on the cake. Blessing/Birthday. Yeah he is clever! :)

My silly mother got him once of those bike ding-a-ling-er things and this is him opening it.

Kade has started smiling lately and it is the cutest ever! However it is very hard to get on camera because every time we get the camera out he is so intrigued by it he stops smiling to look at it. So here is a picture of his sorta smile. He smiles bigger than this but here is a sampling.

Here is a picture of the cute little guy looking at his toys. He is starting to interact more and more. He is so fun! The other day he grabbed a handful of his hair but of course didn't know it. His face was so funny! He looked so confused as to why his head was hurting. I wish I could have taken a picture before I helped him let go of his hair. Silly boy!
Alex may dislike the fact that I posted this picture so it may be coming down later. But I wanted to show you what a hard working Dad Kade has. Alex gets up so very early in the morning to go to work. Then he comes home and helps me out with everything! I feel bad sometimes that I get to stay home all day with this perfect little boy while Alex has to leave and work. But he is a good family supporter and we love him for it! This is him totally zonked because he was so tuckered out yesterday. haha!! Who cuddles with a computer??
Boy he is cute! Now we know where Kade gets his good looks!!

Isn't he so handsome?! :)
Big yawn!!! I just love this picture of him. I just think he looks so cute!

And for those of you who are wondering, yes I am excited for American Idol tonight! GO KRIS!!!

7 comments:

Shooting Star said...

Love the update with all of the pictures. Alex and the computer is the best! Poor thing.

cskelton said...

I love that picture of Alex asleep with the computer. I actually laughed out loud. Besides the pictures I sent you, your pictures are absolutely darling. Kade's smile couldn't be cuter, I love those dimples!!!!!

Tiffany said...

That was a neat day...and it wasn't THAT cold hehehe :) Love the pics!

Tiffany said...

Way cute pictures. As for American Idol... Go Kris? No way! Go Adam!!!!!

You are a good mom and have a wonderful attitude!

cindave said...

andersen grabbed a handful of his hair once, and started screaming. the harder he screamed, the harder he pulled his hair. it was so funny! very cute pictures! the picture of alex is really very sweet. way to go alex. what a hard worker.

Anonymous said...

Kade is so unbelievably cute! I love all that hair he has too.

Wood Fam said...

cute update! Kade is just getting so big! He's so cute! And as far as Idol goes... GO ADAM!!