Sunday, May 31, 2009

Babysitting!

My friend Brighton was 23 weeks along when her water broke. So she is in the hospital until the baby comes. Alex and I got to watch her 18 month old last week and it was a lot of fun! It was a good experience for me to learn how to take care of two babies. I know it was only for a week, but I survived and it gave me the confidence to have more kids. :) Ha!
Lilia loved Kade! She got a little jealous of him sometimes but every time she woke up she would ask for the baby or tell me "Shh, baby". She is a cutie! She loved holding and kissing Kade, we had to watch her closely because sometimes she tried to pick him up. Here are a few pictures with her and Kade. In the 1st one she is trying to clean him. ha






Here are some pictures of Kade and Alex. Kade loves his Dad and was all smiles the other night while Alex was talking to him. They are such a cute pair! I sure love my boys! This first one is cuter if you look at it big. His smile is so cute but its hard to tell with it small.


Tonight I tried cutting Alex's hair. I know its hard to tell in this picture but its not too bad for the first hair cut I have ever done!
You don't want to make this guy mad!! hahah jk!

* Kade has his two month appointment on Thursday and we are so excited to see how much he has grown! I swear its a ton because last week he was eating about every two hours during the day. He still slept well at night, he just added in an extra feeding but I swear he has grown tons in the last week! He has been doing a lot of fun things lately but I will tell more about those when I post his stats.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi! I don't know if you remember me but my name is Melissa Bailey Mott and we went to highschool together. I love seeing whats gong on with old friends and stumbled upon your blog through brightys! congrats on getting married and it looks like you guys are so happy!!! I love it. Just thought I'd say hi so I wasn't being a complete stalker. ;)

cindave said...

those are such cute pictures. i love the last one of alex and kade. you were brave to take on your friend's daughter - glad it went well. if anyone can pick up an extra kid, it's you! can't wait to hear the stats! oh! and good job on the haircut! just make sure alex doesn't mess with the clippers while you're not looking, and i'm sure you'll be fine. ;)

Walker Fam said...

Danelle-
I LOVE those pics of Lilia and Kade- I think I might have to steal them and put them on my blog with an update!! You and Alex are such gtreat friends and I am sooo grateful you were willing to come to the rescue!!