Friday, May 15, 2009

I never thought I would be so grateful for a blow out!

So Kade has been a little backed up lately and has had a gassy tummy. We have tried gas drops, Vaseline, and giving him a little bit of juice. Nothing worked. The poor boy just grunted a screamed he was so frustrated. So we took him to our Chiropractor. You may think we are crazy but he doesn't pop his back or anything like that. He finds pressure points and just touches him with his fingers on his belly and chest. Its pretty amazing to see how relaxed Kade gets!! So about two hours after we got home Kade had a major blow out! Up the back, out the sides and everything! I was so amazed that the Chiropractor could help a backed up baby. We took him again a few days later and he helped him work out the gas and now our happy little baby is back!


I just like this picture. He is just so darn cute!

Still trying to catch a good smile on camera... not quite there yet. But check out those cute dimples!

We decided to go on a family walk last night. We have always loved Farmington but you really enjoy it more when you walk through it. Went down to the animal path behind Lagoon. Alex was so excited to see the animals. He is trying to call to them in that picture. What a goof!!






We think Kade is getting a TAD colicky. He really is such a good baby but he gets a bit fussy sometimes. He loves being outside and looking outside. So this is Alex's way of showing Kade the outdoors. Sometimes we open the front door and just stick his carrier in the doorway so he can watch outside. He loves it!

5 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

He is so stinkin cute...I can't stand it!

Cari said...

When my baby was tiny, she would have problems pooping too. I talked to the doctor about it a few times but each time they told me if it hadn't been more than five to seven days not to worry about it. They said the baby was just using all the nutrients and would be okay. They were always right.

We love the Famington trail too! One of our favorite places!

Toni said...

My friend had the same prob, chiropractor fixed it too.
Gotta love those buffalo and elk on the trail!

Chris and Em said...

yeah Kamryn has the same problem, my doctor told me it's pretty common in babies, nothing to worry about if they go a couple of days, but it's still never fun when they are fussy or constipated. I've done the vaseline thing, but the thing that usually does the trick and relieves Kam's is a little Karo syrup in the bottle and my doc is the one that recommended it. I can almost guarantee a nice little blow out surprise a little while after. But I am glad to hear he is doing much better. It's not fun seeing your baby like that!!!!!

cindave said...

he has changed! apparently it's been too long since we visited you! caleb had a scary little issue tonight - see my blog. and i've been thinking i need to venture out to see the animals again too. dave and andersen went this morning. fun times!