Saturday, August 8, 2009

Blog slacking

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I haven't had much to post about actually. My pictures are on our other computer so I'll post them later. Next Thurs Kade goes in for his 4 month appointment so I will post pictures with his stats. Kade has been sleeping 11.5 hours each night now. One night he was just shy of 12 hours. He's such a good boy! He is getting more and more fun with lots of smiles, laughs, squealing and stories! I just love being with him all the time and I miss him when I put him to bed. 11 hours is a long time with out my boy!!
I have 2 quick stories. I know you have all done this but I clipped Kade's finger really good the other night. I new I clipped it but I didn't think it was that bad until I went to check on him and there were blood spots on his blanket and jammies. It just wouldn't stop bleeding so we put super glue on it. Poor kid! I am telling you I felt awful!! I don't understand how people can really abuse their children because I felt terrible giving him a little clip! I was told to use an emery board long ago but I really need to get one now because I am a little too traumatized to clip for a while.

Story #2
Last night Alex and I went to ward temple night. I am ashamed to admit that this is the first time we have gone since Kade has been born. We dropped him off at my parents house and yes, I cried the whole way to the temple! That is a long time, really! I was teary weepy the whole session but I really made an effort to enjoy it. Our bishop and the temple president talked to us before and the President said he see's too many people stop by the celestial room to visit and then rush out. So we made an effort to relax and think in the celestial room. Although I was anxious to see Kade I really enjoyed the session and I learned a lot. I felt really grateful for my little family and for the blessings the temple gives our family. I also thought a lot about how much I hope Kade (and my other children) have a desire to go to the temple.
Anyways it was a great night and I am pretty sure Kade was happy to see us when we got back. Well he was pretty hungry so of course he was happy to see me ha!!
I will post pictures next week. Thanks for listening. :)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are funny. You need to have a few more kids so you don't miss Kade so much. Maybe I'm just a bad mom, I don't remember ever even missing my firstborn!

Wood Fam said...

What a GREAT sleeper!! Enjoy it.. I bet your next one is a horrible sleeper ;) And here I thought Kaleb was doing great with 7 hours straight, then 3 more hours after a little snuggle time with mom and dad. But wow, 11-12 hours?! That's unreal. I'm glad you and your family are doing well! Can't wait to see updated pics of Kade

Josh and Kensey said...

Oh sad about Kade's little finger, Josh told me you stopped by, sorry we couldn't help out! And I understand how hard it is to make it to the temple when you have a newborn, I've only been back once too!

Kristin said...

It is funny how things change when we have kids. We try to do things and get to the temple and make it through all 3 hours of church but it is hard sometimes. I think the Lord see the great job we do as parents and understands if we don't get to the temple every week or month. We are fulfilling a wonderful job as parents. I also agree with Tiffany....I miss my kids when I am away bit I CHERISH my alone time. I don't get it that often so it is nice when I have it. Plus it is nice for you and Alex to have time just the 2 of you. Trust me the more kids you have the less and less time and the harder it is to have time together.

Jessica said...

I will watch Kade anytime you guys want to go to the temple!