Saturday, April 10, 2010

The garden

So this is how we started. Isn't all that rock so purty!? Nope, we HATE it!

Stupid rock, as far as the eye can see.
So we brought in this guy. Cute old man from our ward who likes to drive his tractor. I honestly don't think we'd have a garden with out him!
Progress...(I tried to turn in the other way)
Tada! A garden!! And a few fruits trees! Yay!It looks way easier that it really was. It took two days to get the rock up, three trips to the dumb to get rid of our beloved rocks (and that stuff was not easy to unload), lots of raking and picking up rocks, Rodotilling sp? (That is harder than I thought!), three truck loads to get manure (From Hooper, over an hour round trip), then more raking. But we are there! Now we just need to plant!
Also I am POSITIVE we wouldn't have a harden without the muscle man pictured above! Alex is amazing! He worked so so hard. I was so so sore from working in the yard and Alex works 4 times as hard as I do. He's the best!

No comments: