Thursday, October 2, 2008

Silly ol' Danl!

Sometimes I feel like this clown, actually more often than not I do!


I feel the need to make some points of clarification on my sweet wife's last blog. Most of the guys, I am sure (at least those that take the time to read these), noticed that the date I performed the calling of home teaching was the last day of the month! (kudos to me!) Therefore forfeiting all blessings that would have come if not for procrastination. Those of you who read it must have also been thinking, "Well my husband, brother, uncle, grandpa, nephew, father etc. has, or is done or doing, all of that AND MORE! And they go about it with no recognition or glory. I do not profess busy-ness, greater than thou-ness, or more on my plate than you-ness! I, like so many others reading this, try my best in going about my daily duties as a Husband, Father to be, citizen, and any callings I may possess and in so many instances push when "Someone" is telling me to pull- only through the fact that the Lord in his wisdom feels sorry for me that I "don't get it" yet. I seek no glory or rewards for the infinitesimal tasks I attempt to complete on a daily basis. At the same time I thank Danl for the sweet comments she has made. Thanks to all of you, that have had anything at all to do with Danl or I.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Alex. You're a horrible person! Happy now? Just kidding. I think both of you are amazing people! And some of us don't even do our home/visit teaching at all, so last day of the month or no, that's impressive!

Anonymous said...

It's all because of me. I have created both of them....well at least the good parts.

cindave said...

it's still a feat to work full time, and go to school, while helping out around the house and everything else, even if many before and many after you have done it. so i still say, good work.

kristen said...

Hey! I'm glad you guys found my blog! I was talking to Kristin the other day and she was telling me about a bunch of girls in your ward that are pregnant! So fun--I'm excited for you guys! So how are you doing..what's new (besides being pregnant of course)!

Toni said...

Whatever Alex, you rock, but it is so all about Danelle. I freakin love her and I barely know her.

Ilez said...

You guys are so cute together!

The Tanner Family said...

Danelle...thank you so much for the unisom/b6. It has taken the edge off and I am now able to function properly! My whole family thanks you!!! Cute blog and what a sweet husband you have.