Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Broken Record?

Proposition 8 has been through the thickets time and time again and it probably will not stop. This post is not to go over the specifics. I just spent a lot of time researching BOTH sides. When all is said and done a Prophet of the Lord has asked us to support proposition 8. I decided a long time ago that if the Prophet asked me to follow him into hell, I would do it with no question. God's mouthpiece has spoken, will we have courage to follow? It really doesn't matter what I think, or my small personal opinions, call it blind faith, I don't really care. In the Temple I made certain covenants. If I go against those covenants I automatically forfeit blessings and the Holy Spirit. President Monson asked me to support something, I have faith in the living Messiah, so I WILL FOLLOW!
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/california-and-same-sex-marriage

-Alex

5 comments:

Shay said...

AMEN SISTER!

cindave said...

a big amen from me too.

cskelton said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I can say is that I for one, (your mother) am so very proud of you taking a stand.

3+Love~aki=Us said...

AMEN!! The Prophet's word is the same as God's. The gospel is VERY CLEAR about how where to stand. Truth is truth NO MATTER WHAT you chose in life. Thanks for the post!

Erin said...

I agree. I am glad everything worked out so well in the election and the ammendment passed.