Monday, November 10, 2008

Waiting....

I am not very good at putting things into words as eloquently as Alex is. These past few days have been very humbling as I have watched Alex's father deteriorate. I tell you not much in life is harder than watching your husband lose his father. I have all new levels of respect for Alex watching the way he has been handling things. Alex has always spent a lot of time helping his family. He and his brothers have so many memories helping dad with his projects. Alex is so willing to serve. He has been such a support for his Mom at this time. I can't even describe how incredible Alex is and has been through everything. I wont list everything he has done but he sure amazes me! He has an incredible father and it has been a very sweet experience sharing memories of him as the family has waited in the hospital room the past few days. This has been something we knew would happen as Dad's health has gone down hill the past few years but it is still so hard to watch and go through. We have had so many amazing friends and family that have supported us. Thanks to you all. Here are a few pictures of Alex and his Dad over the years. They have a very special relationship and Alex has learned so many valuable lessons from his dad. I love you Alex!!








7 comments:

Camille and Luke said...

Oh my, Dani, Alex, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. We're here for you. Our prays are with you too.

cindave said...

this has been a rough couple of months for you guys. i'm so sorry for your losses. please let me know if there's anything you need. really.

Nikki Taylor said...

I just love you guys and look up to both of you so much. I am so sorry you guys have to go through this. It is NOT fun and one of the hardest things to watch. I would not wish it on any of my dear friends. But the knowledge we have of this wonderful Gospel, and having such an amazing support system around you will get you through it. You guys are amazing! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if you need anything! Love you guys!

Toni said...

I love you both.

The Tanner Family said...

you know you can't post things like this and not have the pregnant women reading it cry!!! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys at this time! We too are sorry you both have to go through this hard time.

Perry's said...

Let me know if you need ANYTHING. I will pray for you. It is good to know that families are forever. Knowing that can help you get through almost anything. What a great gospel we have.

Unknown said...

We are thinking of you guys....please let us know if we can do anything!