Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I can't believe our baby is one week old already!!!

We just love this little boy so much I can't believe it! I can't stop looking at him he is just a beautiful boy! We came home Sunday morning and we love having him here. Its just fun have a family! Our first night with him I kept waking up to check on him to make sure he was still breathing. I was kind of out of it but after a while I realized that I was waking up about every 3 minutes to check on him ha! The second night went a lot better. We were told to try and keep him up from 4 -8 at night and that would help him sleep better at night. We have been trying but that was the first night we got somewhere. We kept him up for almost three hours. This kid loves to sleep but what newborn doesn't? He slept awesome, he only woke up to eat and then went back to sleep. I got a whole 8 hours!! Last night I was holding him and he was actually awake. I love just looking into his beautiful eyes. I just felt overwhelmed with love for him and I started crying just thinking how much I love him. I just can't believe that he is our little baby. I just hope that I can teach him everything he needs to know and that I can raise him the way I should. Being a parent is the most amazing thing in the whole world. I have reached a whole new level of exhaustion which I know will just get worse but I am the happiest I have ever been in my life! Alex amazes me with how great of a Dad he is. It is so sweet to see how much he love and cares about Kade. He has been so helpful and sweet to me. I keep trying to get up and do more than I should but Alex makes me sit down and does EVERYTHING. Even though he is lacking on sleep as well and has to work at five in the morning. He is just that amazing! I couldn't have found a better partner to be going through this with. And one more thing, I have the most amazing little sister ever. She stayed the night with me last night and got up to help me all night and tidied up the house for me! She is awesome! We have been so blessed with so many caring friends and family members! Thanks to you all! A blanket thank you will have to do for now until I can get caught up on thank cards and such. Thanks!




7 comments:

Tiffany said...

You have a fabulous attitude for only being a week into it with your first! Good for you. Your baby is darling-and you are right, you have reached a whole new level of exhaustion. I loved reading your post. Ours is such a contrast; you beginning with your first, and me beginning with my last! Ahh-enjoy him, it will pass all too quickly!

cindave said...

you guys are naturals. seriously. it was days before i finally got out of my pjs and showered. and i cried. not out of amazement at my baby, but out of exhaustion and being overwhelmed. it was a hard transition. it sounds like you guys have just fallen into your roles with no problem! good for you! but let me know if the overwhelming feelings start to well up.

the pictures are SO CUTE. my favorites are the 1st black and white one, and the family pic. so very sweet.

Mike and Lauren said...

I really am so happy for you Danelle. You already are and will continue to be such a great Mom for Kade. Seriously these moments are the best of your life, and it only keeps getting better! Have so much fun!

Wood Fam said...

Geez, one week flew by! He's really cute Danelle! i cant wait to meet him

Tiffany said...

You were born to be a mom...you just have that gift, and you will do just great. Kade is lucky to have you. I'm glad Alex and Dayna can keep you in line and almost keep you down...that's no small task, so hats off to them :)

Danny and Tarin said...

He's so cute! Hey, do you think I cold have your address? You can email it to me nirat2004@yahoo.com

The Simple Things said...

Congratulations! He is so dang cute! I love the "grouchy" face pics...that is hilarious. I am glad that all is well, you guys make the cutest little family!!