Friday, April 3, 2009

More on Kade

*** Warning this is a long one, I wont be offended if you don't read it all. :)
We have been so so blessed with this little boy! People have been asking about labor so I will tell a little about it. We had more complications that I thought we would have but it was not nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be. I had myself pretty freak out by the time we showed up at the hospital Tuesday morning! Ok so they started me at 8 a.m. with pitocen and other things that I don't really know what they are :) I totally hated getting the IV and I tell you that part is FAR worse than the epidural! They broke my water at about 12:30 and that got things moving along quickly! I started feeling a lot of contractions and pretty close together. So we did that for about an hour before I got the epidural and that thing is from HEAVEN!!! It doesn't hurt at all its seriously the easiest part! I had myself way too freaked out! So we sat around and played games for a while. Funny little side note, I was really paranoid about my epidural falling out and I kept telling them that. After I while I could feel my left leg so they told me to lay on my side and keep pushing the button. Well it didn't get better and I started to feel contractions. So the epidural dude came in and just put more medicine in the tube. About 15 minutes later I looked at Alex and said something is not right. I could kick both my legs in the air. So the nurse looked at my epidural and lo and behold it had fallen out! SO I wasn't totally crazy!! This was just has I was totally effaced and dilated! Well they put it back in before I had to start pushing. So we started pushing about a quarter to one in the morning. Pushed for an hour, then called the doctor, pushed for about an hour with him. Then he said this guy isn't going anywhere lets let the contractions work for a little bit then push some more and if he doesn't come out we might have to do a C-section. Yeah, I started bawling! I was just frustrated because I had been working so hard. Sorry this is getting WAY too long! Anyways, tried with the forceps and he just didn't come out so we did end up with a C-section but it went great! Kade came healthy and happy. We have been so blessed! I keep expecting something to go wrong but Kade has been wonderful! I am recovering SO well. I have been up and walking around today and yesterday and I really feel awesome! Thanks everything for being so supportive! Sorry that was forever long! Here are a few more pictures. I know I look totally glamorous!


t

So after these silly little shots go to Toni Carrolls blog (click on her name) and see the pictures she took of Kade. This girl is incredible gifted!! Also she did have a good looking baby to work with :) But she is mostly just amazing!!! Enjoy the pictures she took.

14 comments:

Toni said...

He is the best!

Wood Fam said...

Well geez! At least you have a great story. Sorry the pushing didn't work out. But kinda cool you got to experience both labor and c-section. And I'm totally jealous you're feeling so great!! The healing part was the absolute worst part for me. Good for you!

Lee said...

Oh my he is beautiful! I said on Toni's blog that I'm not just saying that and I mean it! You guys did so good! Congrats!!!!

Lee said...

One more thing...may I say you look gorgeous after having a baby! Lucky!

cskelton said...

Danelle, that was so NOT so long. These are darling family pics. I assume Toni took them as well. Love you, all THREE!

Marc and Jen Lindley said...

That hair is incredible! He is so adorable and you are glowing with happiness. I am so excited for you both and it sounds like you are doing great!

cindave said...

he is so very cute! and he totally looks like you in that first picture of you and him. he's not all alex. you look great, and i'm so glad you're feeling good! i'm going to have to try those muscle pills. see you when you get home! -- and that wasn't so long. i was glad to hear the details.

Maria said...

You DO look glamorous and beautiful and just happy happy happy! Congrats again! I can't wait to see him in person!

P.S. I read the entire thing. ;)

kristen said...

yikes! i don't know what it is about the epidural, but i'm glad you were prepared!! he is darling, congrats you guys!

Tiffany said...

After how sick you were while you were pregnant, you deserve things to go so smoothly right now, and I am SO glad! If you are doing good now, I think you'll be great, because that was the hardest part for me, was those first 3 or 4 weeks, so YAY!!! I hope if you do need something you'll call, cuz I can seriously be there in 2 seconds...I know...I timed it and I am one awesome driver!

Ilez said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. I liked hearing about your story. It definitely can be scary having a baby, especially when you work yourself up! I'm glad everything worked out though.

Danny and Tarin said...

He is so cute! I had a c-section as well, and I think it is the best way to go :)

Cyd said...

SOOO Cute!! Hurray! I'm glad he's here! I bet you are in heaven! Or in a zombie like daze (;

Mike and Lauren said...

I'm so happy for all three of you! Yay for baby boys!